Student Learning Outcomes
What each student should know, understand, and be able to do
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) are what each student should know, understand, and be able to do upon graduation from South Pacific Academy or by the time the student completes the planned program.
Upon graduation from the 12th grade, South Pacific Academy students will be prepared to:
- Communicate effectively by:
- Utilizing spoken and written communication with fluency and competence;
- Integrating technology as a tool for enhancing learning;
- Being comfortable with their own self-expression while respecting others;
- Developing self sufficiency skills and having a positive self esteem; and
- Acquiring, developing and practicing exemplary social skills.
- Be productive individuals and involved citizens by:
- Setting, pursuing and accomplishing realistic and challenging goals for themselves;
- Contributing their time, energies and talents to improve the quality of life in our school, communities, nations and the world; and
- Demonstrating an awareness of, appreciation and respect for cultural diversities.
- Think critically and solve problems by:
- Interpreting, analyzing and applying various information
- Learning, integrating and applying knowledge and skills in real life situations; and
- Using knowledge and skills to gather necessary information for a given situation.
- Be self-directed, collaborative and lifelong learners by:
- Being responsible for one’s own learning;
- Setting priorities and establishing achievable goals;
- Planning and managing time and resources towards goals; and
- Establishing clear and challenging goals and personal plans for learning in pursuit of post secondary education and/or career choices.
Primary Academy (K3, K4 and K5)
Elementary Academy (1st – 4th grades)
Junior Academy (5th – 8th grades)
Senior Academy (9th – 12th grades)
SPA At A Glance
accredited by WASC
education in a multicultural setting
years of quality education